[Dtb-talk] DAISY book reading - IOS or special devices?

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Tue Feb 14 16:37:38 UTC 2012

I use my stream more than my iphone for audiobooks for two main
reasons...

First, battery life on the phone is pretty poor compared to the
stream.  My stream can run all day playing content, my iPhone
definately can not.

Second, NLS content won't play on the iPhone.

Now, having said that, the bookshare app on the iphone is an awesome
user experience and absolutely beats the user experience on my stream.

So, the bottom line is that if you want NLS, then you won't be able to get
along without a stream, or some other blind specific daisy reader.
but, the iphone can be a useful daisy reader as well.

Hope this helps,

Jim