[Dtb-talk] Daisy reader supporting Bluetooth headphones?

Dale Leavens dleavens at puc.net
Tue Jan 17 01:18:27 UTC 2012

Janet uses a Victor Stream, I'm using a PlexTalk Pocket. Both have their failings, my PlexTalk speaker seems to have died and just tonight the card latch no longer latches although it does still work if I hold the card firmly in the slot with a thick doubled up elastic band.

The Victor Stream sometimes refuses to delete books but after a couple of days it so far seems to correct it's self and allow books to be erased.

Point is that I recognize that in spite of the relatively high cost of these MP3 players they remain an imperfect work in progress.

It looks like I'll need a replacement for my PlexTalk Pocket, I was wondering if anyone knows of a Daisy ready player which will accommodate Bluetooth for headphones and possibly file transfer? Preferably a robust unit which will not object to working with me in the shop and around the yard.

Thanks for any assistance.

Dale leavens.