[Dtb-talk] Fix a failing Victor Reader?

Dale Leavens dleavens at puc.net
Mon Jan 30 22:06:50 UTC 2012

I have a victor reader Classic X model 202., Actually I have an older one as well which apparently they no longer support. Anyway, this one has begun spitting out CDs. We are trying to play a commercial audio book, "Water for Elephants".  We played the first 5 or so then overnight it decided to quit playing.

I have tried creating a new profile with the three fingered salute, Play + Eject + Power on and Victor admitted to creating a new profile but he continues to just spit the CDs out.

Does anyone have any ideas how we can make this thing work again?

I am becoming increasingly disappointed with these blindness market products. Two Victors which don't work, a Victor Stream which wasn't a year old before it began intermittently refusing to erase titles, a PlexTalk Pocket which won't hold it's card inn, can only use it with a tight elastic band around it and the speaker is essentially silent. We have about 1500 bucks worth of near useless special equipment. I can't believe any other group would tolerate such equipment.

Please don't tell me the solution is to drop several hundred bucks on another such product.

Dale Leavens.