[Dtb-talk] Could My Stream be Dead?

Eric SS sseric57 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 14:51:04 UTC 2012

I have one of the original Victor Reader Stream, purchased just months after
their release. It has worked flawlessly all these years.

The other day, I put the wrong power cord into the charging port. The
connector fit, but my Stream now appears dead. It will not turn on with or
without the battery and sometimes feels to be heating up when the cord is
connected.

Is there any kind of reset I might try or does it sound like I killed poor
Victor?

Just in case, if the Stream is dead, are there rumors of anything new I
might wait to purchase before rushing for a replacement? I do have the NLS
player, and most of my reading is NLS material. In reading about the options
currently available, the Stream still seems my best option because I do use
the ability to search for a word or phrase in a text document, which most of
the readers seem not to include.

Thanks for any thoughts or references.

Eric