[Dtb-talk] BANA UEB code vote

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Mon Nov 5 15:42:05 UTC 2012

Dan,

Partly, it depends upon what you are looking for.  The basic UEB code has been pretty well stable for a while now, but I believe
there have been minor revisions since 2010.  However, I would caution anyone against looking at the code definition for any code
to get a sense of what it will be like.  The UEB code definition is very long, as are the definitions for our current codes,
Nemeth code, or even NUBS for that matter.  I am fairly certain there will be better summary level documents out soon.  Also keep
in mind that we are still a long way off from having UEB being an everyday occurrence here as there has to be an implementation
plan developed and there are still issues to resolve.  One reason I felt that the UEB/Nemeth approach was a pretty good one to
follow is that most people will be able to read UEB for literary braille without much work.  I think if you give this a few weeks,
there will probably be additional samples and guidance on this.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson