[Dtb-talk] cartridge question

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat Sep 1 02:24:41 UTC 2012

Humanware's Victor Stream family and Victor Stratus support the cartridges;
the Stream has a holder one can purchase into which one can put the
cartridges and/or one can use the short male USB mini-to-female USB without
stream patch cord to play the cartridges even if one does not have the
holder. The Stream also allows direct copy of a NLS cartridge to a folder in
the $VRDTB folder whose name is the title of the talking book.

I believe the BookSense from HIMS will play a NLS cartridge, again using a
patch cord like the one I described above but doesn't have the direct
capability of copying the cartridge to a SD card as the Stream does.

One can always create a folder on the SD card, open up the NLS cartridge,
then copy all items to the clipboard, then paste them into the folder on the
SD card.

Mike