[Dtb-talk] other daisy services?

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 17:38:08 UTC 2013

Learning Ally, if you are a member and are paid up.

Internet Archive has noncopyrighted materials, and they offer some
Daisy formats.
http://archive.org/index.php

Other noncopyrighted materials are available from Project Gutenberg

www.gutenberg.org

They don't have Daisy, but they offer plain text, html or epub of lots
of books. Currently though, only the Victor Stream will play epub, out
of the various digital players for blind folks.

LibriVox are recorded books by volunteers, usually using Gutenberg
noncopyrighted works.  They're free in MP3 or OGG-Vorbis audio
formats:
http://librivox.org/

Not to mention that, on the iPhone now, accessible books are available
from BLIO, the iTunes store for iBooks, and with the Nook app, all of
course are at cost.

Dan