[Dtb-talk] Download Question

Debbi Williamson debbi107 at atlanticbb.net
Fri May 3 13:55:00 UTC 2013

Thanks.  Ait is hard to get used to.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dtb-talk [mailto:dtb-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Steve
Jacobson
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2013 9:49 AM
To: Discussion of Digital Talking Books
Subject: Re: [Dtb-talk] Download Question

My guess is that one of the updates that was installed moved you from
Internet Explorer 8 to 10.  The download process is different, but from what
I understand, people do get used to it.  Some have also suggested that one
press the "Applications key"
when the download link as focus and then choose the "Save Target As" option
which allows you to save the file, but double-check where you are saving it.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Fri, 3 May 2013 08:45:16 -0400, Debbi Williamson wrote:

>Hi, Everyone,
>
>Yesterday, when I went to download some books from BARD, something had
>changed about the download process.  Earlier in the day, I'd had a
>message on my computer that some updates had occured
>automatically--don't know what they were--but, I suspect this is what
>has affected my downloading.  Now, when I press "enter" on a download
>link, I sometimes get a message that says that I must press an alt-n to get
the question of whether to open or save
>whatever I have selected.   And, unlike the old way, I don't get any
>indication of the percentage of the download that has completed or even
>when the download is finished.  I am using JAWS 14 and Windows 7,
>64-bit.  I suspect something has been changed in Internet Explorer.  It
>appears that I might be using Internet Explorer 10?  Anyway, have
>others experienced this change?  Is it possible to reset to the "old way?"
Thanks.

Dtb-talk: