[Dtb-talk] Voice Dream Reader and DAISY playback

Greg Kearney gkearney at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 02:46:43 UTC 2013

Hello;

We keep a close watch on various methods of reading our DAISY books here at Association for the Blind of Western Australia. Recently we have been working with Voice Dream LLC who has developed Voice Dream Reader for iOS devices. We have found the latest version to be very usable not only for playing our DAISY books but alss for reading a range of other formats including PDF, ePub, text based DAISY, DAISY 2.02 audio, MS Word and text files.

At less than A$15 it is an excellent value that will serve the needs of both Blind, dyslexic and other print disabled users as well as anyone needing or wanting verbal reading.

While full navigation of full text/full audio DAISY books is not yet offered the app will play back the audio from such books. It retains it place in all the various formats and offers a wide degree of customisation.

We are continuing to work with Voice Dream LLC to integrate our library into their product and are happy to recommend it for your consideration.

http://www.voicedream.com

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/voice-dream-reader-text-to/id496177674?mt=8

Gregory Kearney | Manager Accessible Media
Association for the Blind of WA - Guide Dogs WA
PO Box 101, Victoria Park WA 6979 | 61 Kitchener Ave, Victoria Park WA 6100
Tel: 08 9311 8246 | Fax: 08 9361 8696 | www.guidedogswa.com.au
Tel: 307-224-4022 (North America)
Email: greg.kearney at guidedogswa.com.au
Email: gkearney at gmail.com

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.
Article 19 of the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights