[Dtb-talk] Victor Reader Stream Question

Jim Barbour via Dtb-talk dtb-talk at nfbnet.org
Mon Jun 2 01:05:04 UTC 2014

So, you don't create subfolders on the stream itself.  You create them
when the SD card is connected to your PC using windows explorer.

You can categorize Daisy books, other books, music, Podcasts, and text
documents into folders.

When the card is in the stream, you can use the folders to more
quickly find books.r

For example, in the Talking Books bookshelf you can create folders
called "NLS", "Learning_Ali", and "Bookshare."

You can then create folders within each of these folders for each book
you want to read from each source.  For example...

NLS\The Great Gatsby
Learning_Ali\Business Ethics
Bookshare\The History of Future Folk	g

If you put 50 books in NLS, 20 in Learning Ali, and 100 in Bookshare
then you can see how it would be useful to be able to skip from NLS to
Learning_Ali, to Bookshare.

To skip a level, use the bookshelf key to find the Talking Books
bookshelf, then use the 2/8 keys until you hear "level 1"

If you create a 2nd level of folders, for example NLS\fiction\Great
Gatsby, then you'll also see level two, etc.

I know this is a lot of information, let me know if you have any questions.

Good Luck,

Jim