[Dtb-talk] Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Mon Nov 24 23:00:30 UTC 2014

Happy Holidays, all.

In 1938 when Walt Disney came out with the cartoon version of "Snow White
and the Seven Dwarfs", the American Foundation for the Blind released a
talking book version with the soundtrack and George Keen narrating the
story. I suppose we could consider it an early version of described video.
As I recall, in 1954 when the talking book program was expanded to include
blind children as well as blind adults as patrons, I believe the George
Keen-narrated recording of Snow White was rerecorded or rereleased.

I wonder if anyone knows where I might obtain one of these recordings or has
one I could borrow. I'd like to give a copy to my learning-disabled blind
daughter as a Christmas present.

Thanks very much in advance.

Mike Freeman