[Dtb-talk] FW: Call for Reading System Accessibility Testing Moderators

Mary Donahue braille at satx.rr.com
Fri Sep 5 21:42:54 UTC 2014

Good afternoon everyone,

	I just read what my husband sent to this list, and I totally agree
that moderators should be compensated for their time. What happened to
fund-raising so their could be funding to pay moderators? This funding could
provide a source of income for these people. I proofread Braille items full
time, and will not proofread anything on a volunteer basis. One person asked
me to at the end of May, and I had to turn her down. I will not even teach
Braille without charging.

	I strongly suggest that you re-think asking for volunteers and
consider a source of funding so these moderators can be compensated.

	Thank you for your time and attention.

Mary Donahue