[Dtb-talk] MSWord Excel for MacOS finally is accessible

Greg Kearney gkearney at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 17:31:43 UTC 2015

After many years Microsoft Word and Excel for MacOS is now accessible with VoiceOver. I know I have been complaining to Microsoft about this for years.

As of version 15.9.0 of the preview edition of Microsoft Office seem to work with VoiceOver with the ability to read and interact with the content area of the documents. This was where these two programs always failed in the past.

This is important because in many vocational rehabilitation setting MacOS would not be considered due to the lack of support for these two application with VoiceOver. That issue would now finally seem to have been addressed. One now wonders what new excuse VocRehab and similar agencies will be able to offer up.

Commonwealth Braille & Talking Book Cooperative
Greg Kearney, General Manager
#320, 185-911 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9
CANADA