[Dtb-talk] digital player recommendations

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat Apr 25 20:08:27 UTC 2015

Sarah:

Although I like the Second Generation Victor Reader Stream, Aleeha Duddley
is right: The DAISY player on your U2 can do the navigation as well as could
another player such as the Victor Reader Stream, Plextalk, Bookport Plus,
etc. In DAISY books, the steps by which one can navigate books are dictated
by the way the books are marked up. Many NLS books are marked up to the
chapter level and even more fine-grained than that. However, many of the
books which were digitized during the early phases of the DTB program only
have a mark at the beginning of the actual book text. No digital player will
help you to navigate by chapter in such an instance. So unless you're really
*looking* for a different digital player, just keep using the Daisy player
on your U2.

Mike Freeman