[Dtb-talk] Status of BARD

Gregory Kearney gkearney at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 17:42:23 UTC 2015

While your right that their hand may be tied and clearly Congress can not, nor should not, escape some of the blame here. I see nothing in copyright law which would prevent the library of congress from having a replication server for backup at some other location however.

Copyright law gets used a great deal as an excuse to not do thing; or to introduce FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) to many discussions involving Braille and talking books. When ever it is I ask this one simple question: "Can you provide an example of case law for the assertion?" Without case law all such opinions about copyright las are simply that, opinions.

Commonwealth Braille & Talking Book Cooperative
Greg Kearney, General Manager
#320, 185-911 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9
CANADA