[Dtb-talk] Status of BARD

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Mon Sep 7 20:57:54 UTC 2015

Mike and Gregg,

I would add to this discussion that whether we like it or not, the tendency
to be careful of copyrights where accessible books are concerns goes beyond
the letter of the law.  With the expense of legal action, one can go broke
proving they are right.  We also can be benefited greatly if we can work
with publishers to get some of what we need in the United States to insure
the availability of accessible textbooks.  This does not apply to the
current BARD situation, but it does have relevance to Greg's statement that
there is too much concern over copyright law.  Frankly, publishers have more
money to throw into legal action than we do, so it makes a good deal of
sense to be careful unless one feels there is only one course to take.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson