[DTB-Talk] I think I found a bug in BardMobile for iOS

Christopher Gilland clgilland07 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 03:19:16 UTC 2020

In the most recent update to BardMobile, running on an iPhone 11 Pro
Max, iOS 13.3, I'm having two really really weird problems.

1. I double tap the get books tab at the bottom of the screen, then
double tap on Bard website.

2. I choose the link to browse music books and scores.

3. I move to the heading to search by key word.

4. I try double tapping on the text field to bring up my on screen
keyboard so I can type my search.

However, the keyboard will not appear no matter what the heck I do. From
the app switcher, I've closed and reopened the app, I've restarted the
phone, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I also tried on my
iPhone 10S backup handset, also running iOS 13.3, and have the same
problem there.

I do not have this issue on either device when searching via key word
for regular books from the main website through the app..

The second problem, even stranger than the first is the one and one only
time that I somehow managed to get the keyboard to pop up on the music
search field, I did a search for a few titles I know beyond a doubt are
up there by Bill Brown. I evewn tried searching with my PC and found
them tonight up there.

Yet, try as I may, even getting my sighted mother to help me since she
can get the keyboard to come up every time if Voiceover is disabled, no
results at all are listed for anything we search, no matter what the
title may be.

Just to name a few things by Bill Brown I've searched for with her help
via key word, we've tried

Bad Moon Rising

Last Date

Fire and Rain

Brown Eyed Girl

Behind Blue Eyes

Stairway to Heaven

All of the above come up just fine when searching with my PC, but in the
app, provided I even can get the search field to open the keyboard in
the first place, forget it once searching. Nothing shows up.

Is anyone else having this absolutely wickedly bizarre behavior occur
for them as well on the music page?

Chris.