[DTB-Talk] Somewhat advanced question about BardMobile for Android

Christopher Gilland clgilland07 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 22:33:21 UTC 2022

Guys,

I have a friend who absolutely has done this back in the days, but he
doesn't recall the path where to do this.

I've got an audio magazine which was sent to me on a cartridge from my
local state library. I've already spoken to them directly, and though I
do have to return the actual mailer and cartridge, they told me they had
no problems at all with me copying the content to one of my own blank
cartridges or flash drives, etc to keep forever.

That said, I definitely do have one of the enhanced DTB book players,
however, sometimes, it's just so nice to have something a bit more
portable I can carry around, like my phone.

That said, where with the Android app do books/audio magazines get
placed, if you choose to store them on your local internal memory, and
not a memory card, as my phone doesn't support an SD card. It's a Pixel
6 with Android 12.

I remember it being /Android, but past that point, I don't remember.
What I'd like to do is ultimately, transfer the content of this
cartridge over there, get it in the correct folder, and that way, I
could just listen from the app on my phone. I can't just go download
this from Bard, as it's not up there. You have to get it directly from
the state library, hence my delemma.

I could just listen to it from my player, but why, when I know this is
doable. You just gotta know the correct path where to put it.

Chris.