[Electronics-talk] Converting PDF Files in Kurzweil...

Matt Selm matt.selm at louisville.edu
Sun Dec 7 20:09:16 UTC 2008

Hello Everybody:

I know that this is a bit off of topic for this list, but I thought that some of you may know of a work around for my problem.  I have an Adobe PDF file (Adobe 7.0) that is an image file.  It opens as an image file, and of course cannot be red by Jaws.  I tried opening it through Kurzweil version eight, but Kurzweil doesn't recognize the file type.  That is probably because Kurzweil doesn't support Adobe 7.0 documents.  Now, I have tried resaving the file as a JPeg with no luck.  Does anybody know of a work around?  The only thing that I can think of is to print the file, and rescan it in to my computer; however, I want to avoid doing that since each document is about 40 pages long.  Any help that you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Matt