[Electronics-talk] HD Radio

James Aldrich jkaldrich at qwest.net
Sun Dec 28 17:02:07 UTC 2008

Hello!

I can agree with you about program content!

My area has two AM HD radio stations which are gospel AM stereo and one FM
public station with one HD stream.  Radio Shack still isn't selling any HD
radios here.  I would say more of the problem is nobody is putting HD radio
stations on the air in this market on FM and the content presently on AM is
limited!  I can hear the signals on my radio just fine!  I do know that
there is opposition to this new technology within the industry and they
certainly don't have their act together with it in many areas!  I've heard
HD streams on 50 thousand watt stations at night, KSL Salt Lake City, KFAB
Omaha NE and KOA Denver.  The streams may come in for a few seconds to five
minutes at times but I can hear those particular streams.

The problem is more to which radios are being used and how well they
perform!  I do agree that one should have a fairly strong signal coming in
before the HD streams can be detected.

Jim Aldrich