[Electronics-talk] cell phones

cheez cheez at cox.net
Wed Nov 12 03:15:19 UTC 2008

I don't know if any of the other cellphone carriers offer this, but, Verizon
offers a feature called Backup Assistant.  This allows the user to modify
contact lists via the internet.  All of the data is then sent to the
cellphone at a specified time--you choose the time--or you can update it
immediately after the modifications.  This is really handy if you should
lose your cellphone; the contact list can be deleted as soon as the phone is
turned on.  This ensures none of your contacts' info has been compromised.
The only drawback is that you have to have sighted assistance in order to
program the phone to receive the updates.
Vince