[Electronics-talk] (no subject)

William ODonnell william.odonnell1 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 22 16:47:46 UTC 2009

forwarded message below:
From: Albert J Rizzi <albert at myblindspot.org>

Date: Tuesday, December 22, 2009, 11:11 AM

“It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.  “ - Helen Keller

Dear friend,

With the Holidays already upon us, perhaps you would like to help me share a little blind faith, vision and good will by helping My Blind Spot advance its mission of equality and accessibility for all.

This year brings many reasons for me to be thankful and for taking this moment to make this request for a pledge from you and anyone whom you think would like to affect a national shift in the perspectives on blindness.

After living life for the past 4 years completely blind, I can tell you wholeheartedly that I consider my new way of seeing life as a gift to be shared and looked at by one and all.  For too many years, we have all turned a blind eye, myself included, to people living with the types of sensory loss which strike fear to the core of our being. I have learned that blindness itself is not my major limitation. The hardest part of being blind is the emotional and physical barriers put there by others.

What have we accomplished so far? Well, due in great part to the strength and determination I drew from you all, I was able to be the best I could be in this new and exciting way I view life.   My Blind Spot was incorporated in March and approved as a formal 501c3 this past September.  In  November we received blessings in the form of a grant from the Chatlos Foundation’s President, William Chatlos. His gift is very meaningful because he is a man who happens to be blind and is also redefining blindness and has been doing so since 1970!    Then too, we were given a swanky Manhattan address from members of our board, Jim Brock and Ted Locke, and presently we have 6 committed and dedicated individuals on our board.  We also landed contracts with educational institutions in New York and have
 partnered with others by providing internship opportunities to young blind and sighted adults who are transitioning from school to post secondary endeavors.

Now let me make this simple request:  As you take the time to collect remembrances for your loved ones for the Holiday season,   help us make a social change of global proportions. Simply click on the link below and pledge either $5 or $10 to My Blind Spot.    Your tax-deductable donation will be used to plant the seeds of hope and opportunity and further the legislative, technological and humanitarian efforts for those of us living with blindness.   You can help eradicate the antiquated myths and misperceptions about blindness and visual impairments.

Yes, technological advancements and legislative enactments in the last 20 plus years have improved the lives of people living with blindness. But much progress is still needed to create a positive, affirming and inclusive mentality.

This year give the gift of vision and hope to those of us who see things through a different looking glass.  To give, please click on the link below. While you're there, take a moment and stroll through the site to learn more about My Blind Spot and who we are.  If you would be kind enough to share this request with your circle of friends or colleagues, it would be greatly appreciated.
http://www.myblindspot.org/?q=donate

Wishing You and Yours a Happy and Healthy Holiday Season!

Albert and Doxology

Albert J. Rizzi, M.Ed.
CEO/Founder
My Blind Spot, Inc.
90 Broad Street - 18th Fl.
New York , New York   10004
www.myblindspot.org
PH: 917-553-0347
Fax: 212-858-5759
"The person who says it cannot be done, shouldn't interrupt the one who is doing it."
Visit us on Facebook LinkedIn

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----