[Electronics-talk] Digital conversion

Christopher Chaltain cchaltain at austin.rr.com
Sun Feb 1 05:38:31 UTC 2009

Not sure if you were joking when you said this but the bulk of the TV
has nothing to do with whether it handles digital or analog signals, so
the switchover to digital broadcasting won't eliminate those bulky TV's
you're tired of! The bulk is determined by the technology used to
generate the image on the screen. I suspect the old bulky TV's you're
talking about are those that used a CRT to paint the image onto the
screen. As LCD, plasma and DLP technologies have been improving, they've
been replacing the venerable old CRT TV's.