[Electronics-talk] Digital TV

Baracco, Andrew W Andrew.Baracco at va.gov
Thu Feb 5 18:51:16 UTC 2009

I do not understand why blind persons would oppose the digital
conversion delay.  If you really want to watch digital TV, it is there
for you now.  if you do not watch TV, then this issue is irrelevent to
you.  The delay will allow more time for the new implementation of
descriptive video in the digital environment, as well as development of
devices that will allow for reception of television audio when you do
not have access to a standard television.  Blind persons cannot be hurt
by the delay, and can only be helped.

Andy