[Electronics-talk] Anybody out there know about accessible Cell phones with Verizon?

Ray Foret jr rforetjr at comcast.net
Thu Feb 12 20:43:16 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'll make this short and sweet y'all.  My girlfriend just got Verizon
service.  I wouldn't mind getting it myself; but, running in to problems.

I went to:
www.accessiblephones.com
or something like that and called Verizon and ran down the list of phones
that were said to be compatible with Verizon service.  None of the phones I
asked about were available.  The only phone they said they had was the
LG5500 which they said did not speak in any way nor have any accessible
features.  As for their so-called disability department for Wireless, they
appear to have done away with that.  I waisted an entire hour of my time
this morning trying to find information and discovered that I really found
out nothing.  If anybody out there can properly direct me as to phones which
Verizon offers now and which do have accessibility built in or else support
Talks or Mobile speak, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

Sincerely,
The Constantly BAREFOOTED Ray

"Old friend, what are you looking for?  After those many years abroad you
come With images you tended Under foreign skies Far away from your own land"
George Seferis

Phone or Fax::
+1 (985) 360-3375
e-mail: