[Electronics-talk] Accessible Police and Weather scanners

Sean Paul chattraffic at aim.com
Sat Feb 21 16:37:06 UTC 2009

Tony:
Most of the newer ones from, Unidine, Radio Shack or GRE are not very
accessible at all as far as the programming goes. After you get them set up
you are able to do allot of the things on your own. So, my suggestion would
be to look for  an older one such as the Unidine Bearcat 245 XLT, or any of
the PRO series from radio shack models before the Pro-96. If I may be of any
further assistance, please feel free to write me off list @
chattraffic at aim.com. Also this is going to depend on whether or not you live
in an area of the country that uses a trunking system or not. Again, please
feel free to write me off list if you need any further explanation of
trunking. And I will be more than glad to assist you.