[Electronics-talk] podcasting

Christopher Chaltain cchaltain at austin.rr.com
Sat Jan 3 20:41:02 UTC 2009

I can only answer a couple of your questions. For PodCatching you can
try (all free):
* WebbIE from http://www.webbie.org.uk/ which includes utilities for
finding PodCasts, catching them and downloading them.
* Juice or iPodder from http://juicereceiver.sourceforge.net/index.php
is the application I've settled on.

BTW, iTunes 8 is supposed to be accessible with JFW 10.

For converting music, you can use:
* Switch from http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html which comes with a
free trial, but when the trial runs out, it'll still work in a limited
mode, which will still include converting from WMA to MP3.
* Replay converter from http://applian.com/replay-converter/index.php
isn't free, but is intuitive to use.

I hope this helps.