[Electronics-talk] Purpose of List

Grover Zinn grover.zinn at oberlin.edu
Wed Jun 24 19:54:08 UTC 2009

Having experienced the meltdown of several academic lists over the
decades I've used listservs, I'd appreciate information from David
Andrews indicating what appliances and devices of an electronic nature
are acceptable for discussion on this list.  (This is meant as a
serious question in order to clarify for me what is appropriate and
what is not appropriate for discussion.)

I'll start by asking if anyone knows of the availability of an RFID
reader for RFID labels on containers, pill bottles, clothing, etc. (A
swiss company makes one, but it appears to be unavailable here; it is
pretty much like the VictorReader Stream in functionality, except that
it has a module for reading and writing to RFID labels.)

For those who want to discuss accessibility of Verizon cell phones,
you can go to

BlindusersVerizonPhones at yahoogroups.com

They are very good at providing user experience and pointers for
accessibility issues.  If you ask, someone there can probably point to
websites for other providers.  (Like all lists, there are occasional
"bumps" in the conversation.)

best

Grover Zinn

Grover A. Zinn
William H. Danforth Professor of Religion (emeritus)
former Associate Dean, College of Arts and Sciences
Oberlin College
Oberlin, OH 44074
440-775-8866 (department)
grover.zinn at oberlin.edu