[Electronics-talk] 2009 NFB Convention Agenda

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sun May 24 03:54:42 UTC 2009

Actually, I didn't post a jpg file.  I pasted the
text from a word document into the body of an
e-mail message, and some mail programs seemed to
have stripped the text and left some graphics as jpg files.

I am sorry this happened to you -- you can get the agenda on the nfb.org site.

Dave

At 05:06 PM 5/23/2009, you wrote:
>How to read a JPG file with a screen reader?  David Andrews posted the NFB
>Convention Agenda in JPG file.
>Paul Leung

AND THEIRS
> [...]
>Learn about the guitar; get advice from a
>professional musician, Cameron Strife; $5
>donation.  Presented by the NFB Performing Arts Division
>
>6:30 - 10:00 pm­NFB-NEWSLINE® PRESENTATION
>Room 6401, 60th floor
>Drop by and learn about NEWSLINE In Your Pocket,
>Web News on Demand, and other new features.
>
>7:00 - 8:30 pm­NOPBC CONCURRENT SESSIONS FOR
>PARENTS, REHAB PROFESSIONALS, AND INTERESTED OTHERS:
>
>            IEPs: Evals, Goals, Strategies, the Law
>            Cascade A Ballroom, Courtyard Marriott
>              Instructor: Carlton Walker
>
>            The Science of Getting in on Science
>            Cascade B Ballroom, Courtyard Marriott
>            Instructors: Cary Supalo, Marilyn Winograd, Dr. Lillian Rankel
>
>            Mental Mapping: Using Environmental Sounds and Clues
>            Cascade C Ballroom, Courtyard Marriott
>            Instructor: Daniel Kish
>Whozit
>    MONDAY, JULY 6, Continued
>
>7:00 - 8:30 pm­BOOKSHARE AT NFB MEMBER PARTY
>LaSalle A Room, Level 5
>Enjoy snacks and refreshments while meeting the
>Bookshare staff. This is your opportunity to talk
>with us and share your ideas; we’re here to
>listen.  Plan to have fun with contests,
>drawings, and interacting with your fellow
>members.  We look forward to seeing you.
>
>7:00 - 9:00 pm­BRAILLE READERS ARE LEADERS: THE INITIATIVE FOR CHANGE
>Duluth B Room, Level 5
>One representative from each affiliate should
>attend this session. Help to ensure Braille
>literacy for all by learning about the exciting
>developments and discuss strategies for promoting
>Louis Braille bicentennial coins.
>
>7:00 - 9:00 pm­MOVING LEGISLATION ON THE STATE AND NATIONAL LEVEL SEMINAR
>Cadillac B Room, Level 5
>Each affiliate should send one representative.
>Learn the best methods of increasing support for
>our legislative priorities.  Changing lives
>through laws is our business. Led by Jesse
>Hartle, NFB Strategic Initiatives Staff
>
>7:00 - 10:00 pm­A SPECIAL EVENING FOR SPONSOR-LEVEL EXHIBITORS
>Ontario Exhibit Hall, Level 3
>The exhibit hall reopens for an evening dedicated
>solely to sponsor-level exhibitors. Come and
>bring a guest to say “thank you” to our sponsors
>and to enjoy their interesting offers and
>demonstrations. Our convention sponsors
>are­Platinum: HumanWare and UPS; Gold: Deque
>Systems, Inc., Freedom Scientific, and Oracle;
>Silver: En-Vision America, Intel®, and Wal-Mart;
>Bronze: Adobe, Council of U.S. Dog Guide Schools
>(CUSDGS), IBM, Independent Living Aids (ILA), and
>Microsoft; Exhibit Hall: GW Micro, J&B Medical
>Supply, National Industries for the Blind,
>ReadHowYouWant, and Roche Diagnostics.
>
>7:00 - 10:00 pm­NOPBC CHILDREN’S ACTIVITY (ages 5-13)
>A UNIVERSALLY FUN TIME
>Cascade D Ballroom, Courtyard Marriott
>Drop in and explore the universe with Noreen
>Grice; volunteers led by Michael Freholm
>

>Whozit
>    MONDAY, JULY 6, Continued
>
>7:00 - midnight­NFB OF MICHIGAN HOSPITALITY DANCE
but while there’s
>moonlight and music and love and romance
let’s