[Electronics-talk] Cell Phones

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 23:32:36 UTC 2009

I apologize for splitting hairs here, but the  Motorola 19C and the HTC
Ozone are both windows Mobile phones. When you say they're running a
crippled version of Talks, I assume you're comparing it to the Talks that
runs on the Symbian based phones. I think of these as two different
products. It isn't like Nuance took Talks for the Symbian phones and
stripped out a bunch of features for the version that runs on the Windows
Mobile platform. They started off as two different products from two
different companies. I assume Nuance will merge the code base and set of
features over time. Like I said, I know I'm splitting hairs, but I think the
phrase "crippled version of Talks" somehow implies that they did this
intentionally. I guess you could say that they did, since they know the
feature set isn't the same.

I wonder what the differences are. I know I've heard a few examples on the
list, for example I don't think the web browser is supported on the Windows
Mobile version of Talks, but I haven't heard much else. It would be
interesting to hear what the differences are rather than just that one is
crippled compared to the other.

--
Christopher
chaltain at gmail.com