[Electronics-talk] News Release: SerotekIntroducesFirst iPhoneApplication for the Blind

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 03:34:08 UTC 2009

I agree Craig should go read up on the iPhone if he's interested, but I also
think it's OK for him to ask a question on this list about it's
accessibility and how it might work. I don't read any statements from him
that the iPhone as a touch screen isn't accessible. I just read it as
sincere curiosity. After all, the iPhone is using some pretty novel
technology and breaking down some pretty long standing barriers.

Obviously not all iPhone users are as sensitive and defensive as our friend
Gave Bega, but I would think that someone who's as enamored with the iPhone
as Gabe obviously is would use this opportunity to educate the rest of us on
how this new technology works and how wonderful it is. For my part, uncivil
and rude posts like this don't inspire me to have anything to do with the
iPhone or it's more militant devotees.

--
Christopher
chaltain at gmail.com