[Electronics-talk] Digital Talking Book Players

Darrin Porter Darrin.Porter at united-mar.com
Fri Oct 16 14:46:02 UTC 2009

In fear of starting a heated debate, I would like to ask which of the five or six machines that will play the new NLS digital talking books the group thinks is the best.

I am in the market for one and can't really decide which one to get.  The one I've heard the most about is, of course, the Victor Reader Stream and, several months ago, would have probably bought it without question.  But recently, I listened to an accessable devices podcast that, at least to me, suggested that the Book Senth was probably the best deal.

So, experiences?  Suggestions?

I would like to use it both with and without earphones and will probably play music, podcasts and other audio as well as the NLS books.  Not much interested in Audible.com books, but may use the text-to-speach feature to read E-books.

Darrin

Darrin Porter
Senior Technical Engineer

United Ocean Services, L.L.C.
601 South Harbour Island Boulevard, Suite 230
Tampa, Florida  33602
(813) 209-4247 (office)
(813) 744-0011 (cellular phone)
(813) 242-4849 (fax)
DARRIN.PORTER at UNITED-MAR.COMM<mailto:DARRIN.PORTER at UNITED-MAR.COMM>

Attention: This email and any accompanying attachments constitute confidential and/or legally privileged information. If you have received this email communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments from your system.