[Electronics-talk] braille translator

Brian Blair brianblair at polarblairs.org
Thu Apr 1 06:50:28 UTC 2010

Nfbtrans the Braille translator written by the National Federation of the
Blind is free and has a lot of translation options.  it won't translate MS
Word files like Duxbury but it's a good fast program, and a whole lot faster
at translating to Grade II than a Braille Lite. You can find it at
http://www.nfb.org/nfb/nfbtrans.asp

It runs from the command prompt on Windows though I've set up a file type
called Braille translation so that when I right click on text files from
Windows explorer I can send the files to the translator  without going
through the NFBtrans menus.  There also was a Windows front end to NFBtrans
several years ago but I don't know where to find that on the net anymore.

Brian