[Electronics-talk] Victor stream or book sense

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Wed Apr 7 00:32:48 UTC 2010

Hey Dana,

Things the Booksense can do that the stream can't include...

* The Booksense will play audio from iTunes
* The Booksense will play Microsoft Word 2003 files
* The Booksense will record to WAV or MP3 format,
* The booksense has much nicer text to speech voices
* The Booksense is smaller than the stream.

However, I personally find the stream more reliable.  I also like the
key layout of the stream more than the booksense.

The booksense also has extras that you can pay for.  A radio,
bluetooth tranceiver (for headphones), and some onboard memory (you
don't have to use a memory card)

Bottom line, I prefer the Stream.  However, it is absolutely not a
slam dunk.

Finally, here's a comparrison chart showing the stream, booksense, and
Plextor Packet.  It's put out by gwmicro, makers of the booksense.

http://www.gwmicro.com/BookSense/Comparison_Chart/

Have Fun,

Jim