[Electronics-talk] Accessible Phones for Verizon

Dreicer, Zachary, Survey z.dreicer at emissives.com
Fri Apr 16 00:13:39 UTC 2010

this may not be as accessible as you want, but tell them the
LGENV3 texts and tells who's calling, reads contacts, and
everything like that.  Need more info? Subscribe to
blindusersverizon!
blindusersverizonphones-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

appliances"<electronics-talk at nfbnet.org
>Date sent: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 22:48:49 -0500
>Subject: [Electronics-talk] Accessible Phones for Verizon

>Dear colleagues.
>My employer is considering changing mobile phone carriers to
Verizon in an effort to save telecom expense in our tight budget.
Luckily, our executive director is very conscientious in
considering my needs for accessibility, which prompts my
question.  Can anyone commend a good accessible phone,
preferrably one that runs Talks, since I use Talks as the screen
reader for my personal phone which is a Nokia N82? I understand
LG has several models keyed to Verizon's communication relay
towers.  If we end up electing to take phones running Windows
Mobile instead of Simbian OS will Talks run on a Win Mobile
phone? Thanks in advance.