[Electronics-talk] Mac, etc.

Ray Foret Jr rforetjr at comcast.net
Fri Aug 20 20:43:26 UTC 2010

Yes, I do have some advice.  First of all, don't make the mistake of trying to learn it all in one day.  It's impossible.  There's just too much of a learning curve for that.  Another thing I would say to you, as a kind of causionary matter is this.  Do not expect the same behavior you've been used too from Windows and JAWS.  At first, when you start really studying the Mac, you may get the impression that you need perhaps seven or eight key strokes to do what you used to be able to do in say two or three.  Don't let that get you though.  Here are some great places to start if you are indeed serious.

www.blindcooltech.com

Here, if you search for "Mac Demo" you will find thirteen podcasts on the basic fundamentals of how to use a Mac.  Mike has put together these recordings and did a very nice job.  In fact, it was his work that pursuaded me to get a Mac rather than Windows 7.

Now, here's another source for you:

www.maccessibility.net

This site  is loaded with Mac stuff.  Now, I'll give you another:

www.Icanworkthisthing.com

Now, this site is absolutely loaded with instructional material on how to use your Mac in just about every situation you can encounter.

Here's yet another resource for you to consider.

The December 2009 "Braille Monitor".  Why?  There's a very good Mac article in that issue which lists all the resources I sighted above and then some.

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!

A Very Proud and Happy Mac User!!!

E-Mail: