[Electronics-talk] answering machine question.

Tom Evans tevans2003 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 2 13:16:58 UTC 2010

Cheryl,
I like the company below, although it may not meet your needs.  They have
one good tech person that knows things outside of their company.  The sales
people, well forget them.
http://www.independentliving.com/default.asp

this may not work though as you indicated that this is not really a blind
need.  what other disability may need the same accommodation and contact
them.

Can there also be an accommodation, such as after dinner he does the
following tasks, takes meds for example and checks the answering machine.  I
will assume that he forgets more than one item.  I would think it would be
annoying to have it beep.  Another accommodation is to have a watch set at
example 12 noon and that is the reminder to check a few other things.  I say
this again because the issue may not just be the answering machine, but
memory, tasks, independent living skills etc
tom