[Electronics-talk] Learning about Apple VoiceOver

Leong, Mercedes MLeong at dor.ca.gov
Wed Jun 30 13:21:06 UTC 2010

Fyi;

Having trouble viewing this email?
Screenreaders click here

LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired logo

Smartphones Flunk For Blind Users

LightHouse Board member Dr. Josh Miele of the Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute, and LightHouse CEO Bryan Bashin were interviewed by the Bay Citizen
on smartphones and accessibility.
Read the smartphone article here.

Recap for LightHouse Technology Seminar on Apple Accessibility

75 technology enthusiasts attended the LightHouse Technology Seminar on June 11th to learn more about the latest universal access features on Apple's products,
including the iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and OS X VoiceOver.

Apple representatives discussed the out-of-the-box, assistive technology solutions which make the iPad and other Apple products a truly viable option for
blind and visually impaired users. What's really interesting is that whether you are low vision or blind, you can now make calls, text, send emails and
use other Apple applications without purchasing additional software.

Though we are unable to provide a podcast of this seminar, you can refer to the following resources for the information that was discussed.

For further Information:

For information on Apple's Accessibility, visit the "Accessibility" section of their website at:
http://www.apple.com/accessibility

For a video tutorial of Voiceover, visit
http://www.apple.com/accessibility/voiceover/downloads.html

Brailled OS X VoiceOver manuals can be pre-ordered from the LightHouse store at
www.adaptationsonline.com

The following links are provided by NBP

Using the Accessible iPod (iTunes 9 Ed.)
Anna Dresner
Adult Books: Computers & Technology
iTunes 9 edition! Anna Dresner details how to use the new talking iPod and the iPod Shuffle, and also provides enough information about iTunes to help
people new to the program use it effectively.

The following links are provided by Top Tech Tidbits

The Mac-cessibility Network is a good site to follow for news about all things Apple and accessibility.
http://maccessibility.net/

Their latest Mac-Cessibility Round Table podcast discusses the new iPhone upgrade and operating system.
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/maccessibility-news/~3/hLvWB6Uhguw/

Apple announces the Release of Mac OS X 10.6.4 with Braille Display Improvements and more.
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/maccessibility-news/~3/pf7Fd5rZ-Bg/

www.lighthouse-sf.org

Image: donate

We don't want you
to miss out!

As a member of our Technology Seminar list, you will begin receiving our monthly newsletter, the LightHouse News, a resource to keep up-to-date about future
LightHouse events and key information for our community. You can unsubscribe from this mailing at any time.

Forward email

Safe Unsubscribe

This email was sent to mleong at dor.ca.gov by
bberenson at lighthouse-sf.org.

Update Profile/Email Address
 | Instant removal with
SafeUnsubscribe
(tm) |
Privacy Policy.

Email Marketing
 by

images/cc-logo-color-sm

LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired | 214 Van Ness Avenue | San Francisco | CA | 94102

Mercedes