[Electronics-talk] Atomic Watch Question.

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Wed Mar 31 17:59:33 UTC 2010

The problem with most talking watches is that once the battery dies or the
watch stops working right, there is little you can do if it is out of
warranty except replace it.  I have a whole drawer full of talking watches
that stopped working either because their batteries died or because they
just conked out.  Replacing the battery in one of these watches is next to
impossible, insuring the blindness products suppliers like Independent
Living Aids and Maxi-Aids a steady stream of customers for new watches.
That's why it's not a good idea to buy a more expensive watch like an atomic
watch from one of these places.  Once it goes, and it is no longer covered
by the warranty,you might as well chuck it.  I save my non-functioning
talking watches mostly for the watch bands, which I can always use on
another watch if its band breaks. Of course, the cost of repairing one of
these watches exceeds the cost of buying a new one.

Gerald