[Electronics-talk] new product announcement from Solona. Has to do with iPhone

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Sun May 2 02:38:09 UTC 2010

 >From Bernard Maldonado
To: bits at acb.org

I have posted this on twitter and the solona webpage, but I thought I'd send
the text to the bits mailing list also.  I apologize if anyone has already
read the article.

This is the blog article text:

By Bernard Maldonado

For over one year, Solona has worked hard to provide the highest quality of
Captcha Solving for screen reader users.  Now, I am happy to announce the
first adaptive product offered by Solona.

iPhone owners keep reading!

Do you find your fingers dancing around the touch screen of your iPhone?
Have you ever wondered how to make touch screen navigation a little easier
on your Apple device?

Solona is proud to introduce a new screen protector that transforms your
iPhone touch screen into a tactile keyboard.

Whether you prefer landscape mode or portrait mode, the new Solona Enhanced
Screen Protector will function properly and provide you with a tactile map
of the keyboard.

Each screen protector is carefully embossed with the tactile effect so that
your touch screen navigation is fast and accurate.

Here's how it works.  Each letter key is elevated with one distinct dot.
Each function key is elevated with two distinct dots.  That way, you can
easily distinguish between letters and function keys.  This slight
enhancement provides your iPhone with an additional layer of accessibility.

If you are interested in receiving an Enhanced Screen Protector, please read
the Screen Protector Page for more information and instructions to order
your's today.  You may elect to send your own for us to process .
We will enhance them free of charge and return them to you via USPS.  The
other option is to purchase a set of two Tactile Screen Protectors directly
from Solona.

For a fixed price of $19, Solona will provide you with two Power Support
brand Crystal Screen Protectors for your iPhone that have been enhanced with
the tactile keyboard effect.

iPhones are magnificent devices.  Apple is to be commended for incorporating
native accessibility into both families of products.

Most people use screen protectors in an effort to reduce the threat of
screen damage and to extend the life and accuracy of the touch screen
functionality.

If you are already using screen protectors, then you understand how they
work.  Imagine your current screen protector, yet with elevated dots
strategically positioned on each key to provide you with a roadmap of your
iPhone keyboard.

If you have never used a screen protector for your iPhone, I recommend that
you do some independent research.  Discover how other people use them.  Read
about how to install them.  Get an idea for how they help extend the life of
your iPhone touch screen.

If you would like to enhance your iPhone touch screen with an Enhanced
Screen Protector by Solona, please visit the Solona Screen Protector Page at
www.solona.net.