[Electronics-talk] Survey on emergency communications

John_Morris at Shepherd.org John_Morris at Shepherd.org
Wed Nov 10 19:27:03 UTC 2010

Dear Electronics-talk Discussion Members,

We are conducting a survey on wireless technology and emergency
communications, and very much need your participation. It only takes 2-3
minutes.

Two aspects of emergency communications (access to 9-1-1 emergency
services, and access to emergency alerts) are being profoundly changed by
technological developments and changes in government regulation. Our
survey attempts to document the experiences of people with a range of
disabilities (including visual impairment) when trying to get emergency
help or when receiving public alerts (like weather alerts, etc.).

The survey can be found at:
http://cansurvey.wirelessrerc.org/SurveyonEmergencyCommunications/EmergencyCommunicationsSurvey2010.html

Your participation is critical. We will use the results to inform U.S.
regulatory authorities about the emergency communications needs of people
with disabilities.

All participants in the survey will be automatically entered into a
drawing for a $250 Amazon gift card.

If you prefer to call me to take the survey over the phone, my number is
404-367-1348.

Thanks,
--John

_____________________________________

John Morris, Ph.D.
Program Manager and Research Scientist
Wireless Rehabilitation Engineering Research Center (RERC)
Shepherd Center
2020 Peachtree Road, NW
Atlanta, GA 30309
T: 404-367-1348