[Electronics-talk] Sonos Digital Music System

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Sun Nov 14 16:34:29 UTC 2010

Another option is the Sonos Digital Music System.  Sonos is a line of
receivers for your home.  They play music from a large variety of
digital options, including internet radio, Serius Radio, music
services like Pandora, and your own network drive.  Unfortunaately,
it's unclear to me if XM radio is one of the options.

The idea is that you can buy a few of these receivers and put them
throughout your house.  They then are all syncronized with each other,
and play music from the same source.  You can control the Sonos using
a free app for your iPhone or iPod touch.  They have their own
remotes, but I haven't seen them and don't know how accessible they
are.  However, the apps are quite accessible.

I have not bought this myself yet (I'm not home enough to make use of
it), but have played extensively with it at a friends's house and
really like it.

Unfortunately, I can't tell for sure if the reference to Serius Radio
on their website means that XM is included or not.

http://www.sonos.com/

Enjoy!

Jim