[Electronics-talk] Talking scale recommendations

Steve Johnson stevencjohnson at centurytel.net
Wed Sep 1 12:38:58 UTC 2010

You are exactly right Vince, and the price would be out of reach by most.
The BMI devices I have seen in our County Health Department, are ones that
an individual holds like an airplane  pilots steering wheel.  In fact, when
I had mine done a couple of months ago, I amused my co-workers in the county
by playing jet fighter pilot/grin!  My point is that that electricity has to
flow through the entire body in a sense from one hand to another to
accurately produce that measurement.  If this were to be incorporated into a
scale, I would foresee it like the old balance scales with handlebars on it
and again, unaffordable to most.  Might want to consider just simply pushing
the idea of a talking BMI indicator instead of incorporating it into a
weight scale as the question of demand for this product would keep that
price up there.

>From your jet-fighter wanna-be,

Steve