[Electronics-talk] Moderator (was Windows versus Mac [was "RE: Question about) Talking Scale"]

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 17:35:54 UTC 2010

  I agree. I'm also just one user, but I find the inevitable debate that
surfaces every time David--or almost every moderator--steps in to act as
a moderator much more frustrating and annoying than anything the
moderator does, especially when the post is as unproductive and personal
as Gabe's is. For example, we just had a discussion on this list in the
last few weeks as to whether PC's were on topic for this list, and David
pretty clearly said at that time that they are not. Now we're revisiting
that whole issue again. Personally, when this issue came up again,I
started to evaluate for the first time whether following this list is
worth my time or not. I joined this list to hear about accessible
consumer electronics, and I'm on plenty of other lists where PC's, OS's
and screen readers are discussed. Like I said, this is just one list
members opinion.

--

Christopher
chaltain at gmail.com