[Electronics-talk] Nokia phones for T-mobil

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 02:06:12 UTC 2011

I'm confused by a couple of points in these emails.

First, how can AT&T make everyone buy new phones after they purchase
T-Mobile? How is moving a T-Mobile phone to AT&T any different from
taking any other unlocked GSM phone to AT&T? Could you provide a link to
where AT&T has said they'd be making everyone buy new phones and how
they plan to enforce this? I suppose it's possible, but it just doesn't
make any sense to me.

Furthermore, when Cingular acquired AT&T Wireless, I didn't have any
trouble moving my Nokia 9290 from AT&T Wireless to Cingular. I didn't
replace this phone until it was falling apart. It had nothing to do with
Cingular acquiring AT&T Wireless. It was just a matter of popping a
Cingular SIM card into my unlock Nokia 9290.

Also, what does AT&T's DSL policies have to do with this discussion?

Finally, isn't this off topic for this list?