[Electronics-talk] on screen menues

Evelyn Weckerly weckerly at i2k.com
Sun Aug 14 20:05:03 UTC 2011

Hi, all,

I am trying to evaluate a new tuner as part of a high-quality audio
system. It appears that some of its important functions are accessed
and set through an on screen menu. I'm wondering how people deal with
this kind of stuff. The tuner has AM, FM/FMstereo, HD (three bands,
and is XM ready, needing only the home kit and antenna from XM
itself. It is a McIntosh Labs MR8088. I know this is an expensive
piece of equipment, but if perchance anyone on this list has looked
at this, I'd like to hear from you. I'd also like to know if anyone
has dealt successfully with onscreen menues and how you do it. At
this point, I don't know if the choice wrap around or not. If they
don't, things will be somewhat easier.

Thanks in advance.

Evelyn