[Electronics-talk] on screen menues

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Tue Aug 16 01:22:03 UTC 2011

Evelyn,

Got it.  Yes, the round 75 ohm cable will reduce interference between your antenna and your tuner greatly.  I ha ve an
outdoor FM antenna here with my tuner and stereo in a small alcove next to my computer stuff and there isn't much in
terms of wireless or digital device interference at all.  AM reception is problematic, though, but that is a separate issue
from the FM cable choice.  I suspect that the best answer for me is one of those C Crane antennas that lets you have
a tuned loop away from your equipment but a box near at hand to tune the loop remotely.  Besides my computer
equipment, our furnace is a real generator of interference, of course it contains a computer control system.

I have an old Carver TX11 tuner that was capable of receiving AM Stereo, and I've been happy with it but am looking
to replace it.  All of the controls are apparently suffering from corosion, and contact cleaner doesn't help any more.  It
is almost 30 years old, though.  I have a feeling that your tuner is a little out of my price range, though.  <smile>

Good luck with all that.

Best regards,

Steve