[Electronics-talk] Water proof talking watch?

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Wed Feb 16 15:27:38 UTC 2011

That's the problem.  Usually, the cost of replacing the battery exceeds the
cost of a new watch.  So unless you spend at least $30 for a talking watch,
it probably doesn't pay to replace the battery when you can buy a new watch
for $10 or less.  And if there is no place in your neighborhood that
replaces watch batteries, you have to figure in the cost of car fare or
shipping.  So replacing a battery in a $10 watch could wind up costing $15
or more.  That's why a $10 pen watch or keychain watch that runs on
replaceable AG13 button cell batteries is a good option if all you want is a
talking timepiece whose batteries are user replaceable.

Gerald