[Electronics-talk] lon lasting talking watch?

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Wed Feb 16 18:51:20 UTC 2011

In my experience, there seems to be no correlation between the price of a
talking watch and its battery life.  All talking watches, regardless of
price, use pretty much the same type of lithium coin battery.  Just because
you paid $70 for a talking watch does not mean that its battery will last
longer than if you had paid $10 for one.  Expensive talking watches merely
have more features and  fancier metal cases and bands than the cheaper,
all-plastic models.  But they all work the same way and use the same
internal components.  The primary factor affecting battery life for the
end-user is the length of time the watch sits in the warehouse before it is
shipped to a customer.  I wouldn't be surprised if some of these watches lay
around for a year or more, which means that their batteries are already half
depleted by the time they reach the customer.

Gerald