[Electronics-talk] lon lasting talking watch?

evelyn weckerly weckerly at i2k.com
Wed Feb 16 19:00:36 UTC 2011

HieaI've had an ILA talking/braille watch for some time now.  The
braille has never been right, and the battery never lasts much
beyond three months if I'm lucky.  Since I refuse to buy a
battery for the thing four times a year, I have one put in just
before I'm going on a major trip.  Do may be twice a year, which
is, in my opinion, way too often.  I'll never buy another.
Speaking of electronic braille watches, I've had similar
unsatisfactory experiences.  My first Seiko lasted perhaps twenty
years.  Because I was happy with it, I bought another.  It maybe
lasted five or six years and is unreparable.  I bought an NFB
watch, and that died about the time the two-year warranty ran
out, and that was $55.  I have gone back to a wind-up I've had
for well over thirty years.  I don't remember exactly when I
bought it.  I am disgusted with the qaulity of watches available
to us today.

Evelyn